tirsdag 6. november 2012

LEFTOVER PROJECTS

After a few moves I have a pretty big collection of leftover yarn. Finally I took them out of the bags and put them up in my shelf. To be able to use it up, I try to find some good projects for them all!



I often buy single skeins of yarns to test it out with different techniques. And because I prefer certain types of yarn, I seem to end up with a few skeins of the same type and brand, in a variety of colours. The yarn I have used in this project is a 2-ply 100% wool yarn that can be used for felting. But it works fine in normal knit as well, as long as it is washed carefully. It comes in a range of beautiful and rich colours.

Making these patches is a great tv-watching project! Put them in a project basket until you feel you have enough to make a blanket. It's never too late to add a few patches anyway!
This project works fine with many types of yarn and needle size, but here is some info on the yarn and technique I've used:

Crochet needle size: 4 (European)
Yarn: PT2 from Norwegian producer Rauma ull
Method: double stitch (instructions can be found here)

Start with making a loop of about 5 or 6 single stitches, and make your way around the loop with double stitch.Increase every other mask to create a flat patch. Do more or less increases as you go to make sure the patch doesn't curl up. It depends on how tight you crochet as well.

So, as you can see, my blanket is far from finished... I will have to fasten threads and put it all together, and come back to you when I'm done!




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar